I'm Engaged! And on the road again...
It’s been an exciting summer with a new album out, running a songwriting camp in July, playing some really memorable shows in the NW, but getting engaged on Friday evening definitely took the cake.
It’s a surreal feeling to propose to someone – to ask them to spend the rest of their life with you. It’s even more surreal when they say yes. There’s a little doubt that grows, hoping they don’t get fed up with your snoring, limited cooking skills and constantly messy office desk. It’s exciting to have a partner in crime. A person I can travel the world with, someone who balances me out and someone I can share both big occasions and in between moments with.
This late summer and early fall seems to hold real promise for some of the most memorable shows of my adult life. The band is playing our debut set at Marymoor Park as part of 107.7 The End’s Summer Camp opening for some national heavy weights Mike Snow and Young the Giant this weekend. Then things really take off as I travel solo with a group of artist from Canada to the Mexican border, performing Nashville Round style acoustic sets in beautiful, historic west coast structures. A collective of photographers and videographers will capture the live performances and everything in between. Want to be a part of the documentary? Come hang with us on the west coast ghost tour.
I'm also headed out this Fall with one of my favorite Seattle songwriters, Erik Walters of Silver Torches. We’ve got a few shows scheduled in the NW and out east, playing in Connecticut and New York. We’ve decided to open it up to fans to host us and still have a few dates open if you are interested in having us at your house. WHAT!?
It's inspiring to learn more about what other people are doing. I'm excited to share the road with some brilliant people this summer/fall. Check out what they are up to:
- Silver Torches – Talented Seattle songwriter, past lead singer of The Globes and currently touring with Perfume Genius.
- Tyson Motsenbocker – San Diego songwriter on Tooth & Nail Records and creator of West Coast Ghost tour.
- Zealyn – A new project by LA pop songwriter Angie Miller. She will be on the full West Coast Ghost (WCG) tour.
- Judah Akers // Linday Akers – Lead singer of Judah and the Lion + singer from the band Rylo. They are joining the California part of the WCG tour.
- Matt Wright - Nashville songwriter joining the NW part of the WCG tour.
- Gregory Woodman – Storyteller and Photographer capturing moments on the WCG tour.
- Kyle Meck – Storyteller and Photographer from Bend, capturing moments on the WCG tour.
- Cole Slinker – Cinematographer documenting the WCG tour.
- Chris Hershman – Cinematographer documenting the WCG tour.
Here’s a list of shows that are coming up:
8/14 – Marymoor Park, WA – Summer Camp
WEST COAST GHOST TOUR
8/24 - Portland, OR – Old Church
8/25 - Seattle, WA – Fremont Abbey
8/26 - Victoria, BC – The Anian Yard
8/27 - Seattle, WA – Tower Session (SOLD OUT)
8/29 - San Francisco, CA – Four Barrel
8/30 - San Luis Obispo, CA – Madonna Inn
8/31 - Los Angeles, CA – Hotel Cafe
9/1 - San Diego, CA – The Bird Shed
TOURING w/ SILVER TORCHES
9/8 – Spokane, WA – The Bartlett
9/9 – Missoula, MT – Plus One Music Fest
9/14 – Spokane, WA – Gonzaga University
9/16 – Portland, OR – University of Portland
10/3 – New York, NY – Rockwood Music Hall
10/7 – Southbury, CT – House Show